We are nearing the end of 2015 and we can report excellent progress across all UK sectors.
Our typical projects are in and around existing facilities with restricted access where challenging ground conditions are present but on many occasions we have provided geotechnical solutions that can compete with “big-rig technology” even on open sites.
Continuously Grouted Micropiles in granular material, provide phenomenal geotechnical capacity. These are efficiently installed by modern plant and equipment, regularly achieving installation rates in excess of 150m per day.
At the other end of the spectrum our Hutte 205’s rotary bored rigs deliver the highest torque available, in their class, enabling us to install piles in dense soils with obstructions.
During the past two years granite boulders contained within the overburden have been successfully overcome on several major projects in Aberdeen’s City Centre, using combinations of temporary casings, high torque rock ripping augers and rotary percussive drilling techniques.
In October 15 we completed the Silver Fin Project in Aberdeen for Sir Robert McAlpine. We were employed to install a contiguous piled wall all around the site together with internal bearing piles to facilitate and support the major commercial/residential city centre development.
King’s College Hospital
The final phase of restricted access rotary bored piling work at King’s College Hospital in London is now complete. Over 500, 450mm diameter piles have been installed to depths of up to 26m to facilitate the vertical expansion of a major Critical Case Unit. Two tower cranes and a helipad have also been supported together with a 50m long contiguous piled wall between two live hospital buildings to enable the construction of basements and walkways.
Flexible & responsive
Manufacturing / Petro Chemical and Utility Sectors have kept our bottom driven and smaller scale rotary rigs (Soilmec SM4, Klemm 702, Mini Sonic) extremely busy.
These projects often in the £10-£30k bracket, require a quick response, design support and a management structure capable of dealing with complex logistics, quality assurance and strict safety requirements.
Infrastructure works seen to be moving positively forward and our commitment to the Rail Sector has been rewarded with some high profile contract awards.
Our latest Link Up Audit achieved the highest score possible and our training of in-house workforce to operate in the Rail Sector through the PTS qualification is continuing at pace.
The TGS edge:
- Engineer Led – innovative with focus on site supervision and testing preferably in advance of main works and to failure. This often leads to cost and programme savings for our client.
- Risk Averse – If a particular technique is not right for the site – we will not use it. Our policy is to employ the optimum solution.
- Responsive – We often are able to service enquiries and commence projects within days rather than weeks/months.
- In House Design – Leads to more economic/sustainable design. All designs are supported through our £10m Professional Indemnity Policy.
- Highly Trained and motivated workforce Widest Range of mini and micropiling rigs, techniques solutions.
- Committed to CPD Training through our ‘Specialists Geotechnical Solutions’ lunchtime seminars across the UK.
- Early Stage Advice – feasibility, commercial, practical or technical advice is available with no obligation.